Saturday, March 29, 2008
1. What time did you get up this morning? I never really went to bed. The last two nights Hunter has been up every 1-2 hours crying, so as soon as I get back to sleep he wakes up again.
2. What do you usually have for breakfast? I LOVE breakfast food, but I usually do not get to eat until around 11 am, so I just go straight to lunch.
3. What is your favorite CD of the moment? I am always listening to Gary Allan. He is my favorite. I also have rediscovered Jimmy Eat World. I just love their first CD.
4. What kind of car do you drive? A GMC Acadia. I is soooo nice
5. Favorite sandwich? the Bobbie at Capriatti's...turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo-yummy
6. Favorite item of clothing? jeans and a hoodie, I would live in that outfit every day
7. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Where wouldn't I go is a better question. I have to say China because Ryan won't let us go with his parents in October. Apparently it would be irresponsible to leave the kids for 3 weeks.....
8. What color is your bathroom? A sky blue
9. Where would you retire? A cruise ship. There is this one cruise that is 3 months long and goes all around the world.
10. Most memorable birthday? my 25th. Madison was only a week old and I could still barely move around.
11. Favorite sport to watch? Live would be baseball, that is my fav. On TV I would pick football. I love yelling at the players for doing dumb things like breaking the huddle with too many players on the field or taking their helmet off on the field.
12. Are you a morning person or a night person? I hate getting out of bed in the morning. The one thing I liked about Anna Nicole Smith was that she conducted her life from bed. So, I will go with option number two and say night person.
13. What is your shoe size? It used to be a 7 and thanks to Madison I am a 7 1/2 now.
14. Pets? No, never. We tell our kids we are allergic.
15. What did you want to be when you were little? The first female president of the United States.
16. What are you today? Exhausted and just trying to run my house, who cares about the country.
17. What is your favorite candy? I don't like candy that much, but I love dark chocolate candy bars every now and then.
18. What is your favorite flower? Tulips
19. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? The day we fly to Memphis for my dad's canoe race.
20. What are you listening to right now? Um, March Madness. UNC just won, booo! Go Memphis Tigers!
21. What is the last thing you ate? Cheesecake Factory
22. Do you wish on stars? Nope
23. What faith are you? Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
24. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? My dad, recaping the Memphis game from last night.
25. Hair color? It used to be naturally white blonde, now it is sandy blonde.
26. Name of your favorite school teacher? Lily Anderson at BYU. I took 2 of her classes.
27. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, like there is any other option.
28. When was the last time you cried? I don't remember. I am not much of a crier.
29. What is under your bed? Storage
30. What did you do last night? Nothing fun. Tried to keep Madison from crying after her surgery.
31. Favorite smell? Honeysuckle, it reminds me of spring and rain
32. What are you afraid of? Losing my loved ones
33. How many towns have you lived in? Anchorage, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Reno, Memphis, Germantown, Collierville, Provo, Woodland Hills, Stevenson Ranch, and Henderson, NV. I am done moving!!!!
34. Do you make friends easily? Acquaintences, yes, friends, no.
Okay, I did it! Now I tag Brynn, Shanti, and Amy S.!
Friday, March 28, 2008
We went to the park the other day and Madison had gum in her mouth. She asked me for a drink and then wanted me to hold her gum. I asked her if she was finished with it and she said no. I looked at her, puzzled, and told her that she could drink with gum in her mouth. She looked up at me with this amazed face and said, "But mom, it will get hard." It sounded so grown up and just made me laugh. Not much gets by her.
Madison had her surgery today. She got her Tonsils and Adenoids out, her ears drained and her blood vessels in her nose shrunk. She did so well, and has been such a trooper. She is up and running around tonite and has been doing so well.
I snapped a few pictures before she went in, I didn't get any afterwards. I will get some tomorrow. I think she is going to end up with some black eyes :) I just think she looks so cute in these.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Here is a picture of Madison teaching Hunter how to roll over. He still hasn't gotten the hang of it, but it was sooo cute. Right now she is trying to get him to say Mama, dada, and Madison.
Before he was born we would ask Madison if she was excited for a little brother. She would say yes, and then proceed to let us know what she was going to teach him. "Mommy I am going to teach baby Hunter how to eat, read stories, play with (blank) toy, sing songs, etc." It was so sweet.
This is awesome! My youngest two sisters babysat Madison one night while we were in Memphis. She gets bored easily and often gets in to trouble as a result. They came up with the idea to teach her the Soulja boy dance. I guess Madison didn't think I would like that, so on the video she says "My mommy's gonna hate this!" I don't usually let my 3 year old listen to rap, but come on, this is so fun!
Now when the song comes on the radio she won't let me change the station. Thanks Ariane and Allie!
While we were in Memphis, Hunter got to take a bath in the sink. Madison was so jealous that she ended up getting to take one too. She barely fit, but she got clean.
She has already been hit by the oldest child curse of being unable to decide if she wants to be a baby again or the mom. It's hard being the oldest!
When we got to the store she wanted to take everything in just like I do for Hunter, I was not so excited about that. We compromised again and I carried Hunter in the baby carrier/sling thingy and Madison got to sit in the front of the cart and hold her baby. It was an interesting errand day for us, but, at least I got the pictures to go with it.
I must say, the favorite part of this picture for me is how her baby is falling out of the carrier and the burp cloth is over the face. As a disclaimer-I do not do this to Hunter! He is always strapped in correctly and I never put anything over his face.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
This is our little Hunter. I realized so many of my past posts have been about Madison and I don't want to ignore my favorite guy in the world.
Hunter is 3 months old now and such a joy. He only cries when he is hungry or ready to go in his bed for naptime (Iknow, I know, I am spoiled-I have the best kids in the world). He hasn't rolled over yet, but he has mastered spit bubbles. They are his favorite pasttime.
He loves his little activity chair, he LOVES to stand up. He can get it to play music and moves the teeter totter bears. His other favorite thing is sucking his hand and/or thumb. He is not too particular. It is soo cute right now!
He practices his smile at every opportunity, and has already figured out flirting. He just started giggling, and it is the sweetest sound.
Madison and her Daddy have a special bond. All day long she asks me when he is coming home. She asks to call him at work all the time, she finally got tired of hearing no, so she has started "texting" him during the day. Texting her daddy consists of her grabbing whatever phone is nearby and pushing all the buttons as fast as she can before I can get to her and grab it away. It is sweet, but I just keep waiting for the day when she unknowingly gets that one call through to India.
Their favorite thing to do together is go to Burger King. Any time I have something on a weeknight or Saturday morning they go and eat and Madison gets to play. A few Saturday's ago she wanted to go so bad, but I was with them. She looked at Ryan and said to him, "Daddy, how about we go to Burger King and mommy can stay home."
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
The other day I was listening to her play with some of her dolls and all of a sudden she starts singing "Big girls don't cry" to them. It was the funniest thing ever! I had to call Ryan right away to tell him the story.
Right now she loves Pink, Fergie, All American Rejects, Avril and of course all things American Idol. The singers finish their performance and she looks over at us all serious and says "That was a good song choice for them." Then, the judges say the same things! She just loves music.
Yesterday, I was trying to teach her how to say Goo Goo Dolls, she quite likes their new single, but she wants to call them Gooby Dolls. Owell.....
She recently learned how to do the Ariel song from The Little Mermaid, so when I put her down for her naps and nighttimes she sings, on the top of her lungs, the song when Ariel loses her voice to Ursela.
I was walking by Hunter one day and noticed that he had fallen asleep in his bouncy chair. Then I noticed that his arms were out in front of him. I couldn't help but laugh, and then I grabbed the camera. I wish the picture showed how much his arms were sticking out.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Madison. She looks so grown up, and it shows her little personality. She is such a little mom. She tries to take care of Hunter and is always trying to help cook dinner and goes "shopping" around our house. She always has her "babies" around to feed and bathe and change. Her favorite toy right now is her stroller, she packs so much on it and goes around everywhere with it. She named her babies Cookie Monster and Dydi. She says they are her little sisters.
Monday, March 10, 2008
This is one of my favorite pictures of the kids together. I was trying to get dinner ready and Hunter was crying, Madison kept telling me that he was hungry, but I had to finish what I was doing. So, all on her own, Madison goes and picks out some books, sits down by Hunter and starts to read to him. Within 30 seconds he had calmed down and was listening intently to her. It was so sweet I had to get a picture of it.