Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Let's Play Ball

We love sports in our household....Ryan much more than I, of course, but I love going to games. I am not picky, I'll go to any sporting event and cheer on one of the teams. I LOVE trash talking, I suck at it, but enjoy it nonetheless. Las Vegas does not have a pro team. Of any sport. So we get behind UNLV basketball....it's all we have. Or we travel. We saw quite a few games on the road this year. It was a fun sports year for us.

Ryan got to go to ESPN Game Day in February for his birthday when Univ. of Memphis played Univ. of Tenn. (I have posted that a few times already, so no additional stories here folks....).


In March we got to go to a Jazz game, Ryan loves the Jazz. I still don't know if he loves the Jazz or Lakers more, but hey, I figure I shouldn't know everything about him, right? Anyway, we got to go with Parker and Jessica, that was so fun! We rarely get to do things with just the two of them so it was definitely a treat. The biggest treat was leaving my 3 month old baby with my Mother-in-law and hoping he would take a bottle for her. He did beautifully, thank goodness.

We went to 2 BYU football games in Provo, I LOVE BYU football games, that was probably my favorite thing to do in college. I am a little biased considering Ryan and I fell in love all due to the All Sports pass the students buy. (Hmmm, maybe I will post "our" story at some time....that will be a long one). Anyway, we always go to to the season opener (apparently I don't always have my camera at the ready, hence, no pictures to share) and we went to the BYU vs. UNM game when we drove up for the Kelly Clarkson/Reba McIntyre concert.

What? You want new stories to read? Well, let me tell you about our Christmas vacation. We went to Memphis for 2 weeks and in Memphis there are 2 things to do...Eat and go to basketball games (in the summer it is Redbirds season so the city goes baseball crazy and gets behind the AAA team for the St. Louis Cardinals). So, what did we do? We ate, really well, and went to 5 basketball games for me and 6 for Ryan. Considering that we watched almost every college football bowl game (there are 30-something) in between basketball games, I was completely "sported" out (yep, that is my new word). It was so fun though! The best part is that at the beginning of Univ. of Memphis basketball games the student section gets a copy of the newspaper and when the opposing team starters are introduced all of the students hold up papers and yell "You Suck" after each name is called. It entertained me to no end....I loved that tradition. The problem that arises for me is that when I see a crossword puzzle I cannot NOT do it. It is a sickness that I get from my daddy dearest. So Aunna and I challenged Allie and Brent to a "Race to the Finish." Every timeout, all of half time, and each break of any sort resulted in our heads together, and only a little cheating from both sides, trying to finish the puzzle first. Who won? My dear Aunna and Myself, of course...plus we cheated less, so the win was even that much more satisfying. Don't worry, I did watch the game, there was plenty of yelling at the players coming from me and only one text from Ryan telling me to put the dang paper away and watch the game (I was in the student section and he sat with my dad on club level...there was a ton of texting between us).

We even got to bring Madison to one of the Univ. of Memphis games. She loves going to basketball games, and did really well during it. She watched most of it and like to cheer the teams on, but her favorite part was the frozen yogurt Ryan shared with her. She is definitely her parent's child. We love ice cream in our family, NOT that Hunter gets any yet....He is still a little young and I am super anal when it comes to food for my kids.



Ryan and I got to go to the Memphis Grizzlies game when they played the Lakers. The sad thing for me was that there were as many fans there for the Lakers as the Grizz. Poor Grizzlies...They played great, I really thought they were going to win the game. The Lakers trailed the entire game and the last few minutes they showed up to play and ended up winning by just a few points in the end. At least it was a really good game.

No comments: