Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What!?! I'm supposed to sleep in my bed??? Who knew....

A few weeks ago Madison was having a hard time going to sleep (really, what's new there.....). Anyway, so she was whining that she didn't want to be left alone. Usually she says that and we tell her one of us will stay upstairs with her and she is fine. Ryan and I told her that we would just be in our room watching TV, so she didn't need to be scared. Heck, we can see in her room from our bed, therefore, she can see us. Apparently it wasn't good enough for her that night. We came out a little while later and this is what we found. It was priceless. She had made herself a bed on the floor, in her doorway, so that she could still be in her room (which is our rule) and yet still be THAT much closer to us. Plus, she covered herself with her Kai-lan dolls (and Hello Kitty doll, lest she be left out) and then promptly fell asleep.



Hunter, on the other hand, has no problem going to sleep by himself. He has been that way since the day I brought him home from the hospital. His sisters like to snuggle and sleep on us, but he wanted to be in his crib the second he fell asleep. Go figure.....

Anyway, we get up in the morning and get him ready, and then when I take a shower and primp (or when I want a few more minutes of sleep) I put him in his crib with some toys and he is happy as a clam for about an hour. Madison will go in his room and play with her toys next to the crib. It is so cute and I get to get ready without chasing him down every few seconds. I used to stick him in the bathtub, without water, but he learned to climb out. I guess that is what happens when they grow up.

1 comment:

Mythreesons said...

I find Jaxon in front of my door every morning, complete with pillow, blankets, and stuffed animals. We even threatened him and took away his blanket and pillow, and just slept without them. It's been driving me crazy. But he tells me the same thing... he just doesn't like to be by himself.
At least Madison stays in her room! Cute picture.
I've been meaning to call and bring your books and admire Presley and congratulate you... I'm just a slacker. Let me just say she's gorgeous and I love her name!