Monday, June 2, 2008

Parker and Jessica



Madison just loves her Uncle Parker and soon-to-be Aunt Jessica. They came to visit us a few months back and just kept us rolling with her funny comments. These are my two favorite stories from that weekend. Thanks for reminding me about them!

Parker, Jessica, Madison and I were sitting in the living room talking. Madison was playing with her activity book, seemingly in her own little world. We were joking around and Parker quoted Scarface and said "Say hello to my little friend." Even if you haven't seen the movie I can imagine you have heard the phrase with the accent. Madison just pops her little head up and as sweet as can be says, "I can say hello to my little friends." We about died. It was so entertaining.

Madison is just so in love with Jessica. She loves to give her hugs and show her all of her toys and get her to read stories. When they were here the last morning she went in and woke Jessica up (sorry!). They played on the tv room couch for a little bit while Parker slept in the den on the other couch. After a bit Jessica tells Madison that she is going to take a shower and get dressed. She goes in to the bathroom and about 2 minutes later, if that, Madison goes and sits outside the bathroom door. She starts calling out, "Jessica, are you dressed yet" over and over again. Parker said he started counting and quit after 20 times. If you have ever been around Madison you know how she will repeat herself indefinitely until she gets an answer. After her 20-some odd times she stops. Parker was so relieved. However, about 30 seconds later it starts up again. He said he got so fed up that he finally got out of bed and went to play with her. Poor Parker! Where was I, you ask? Sleeping of course. It wasn't even 8 o'clock in the morning yet! I didn't hear a thing. If children can have parental deafness, I say parents can have child (?) deafness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda-
I thought I would do a search to see if you had a blog out there. . . and lucky for me you did! I lost your number but would love to get in touch with you. Email me at kimberleem@wasatchpeds.net or check our our blogspot which is kimandstevemuir.blogspot.com. Your family is soo cute!!! Hope to hear from you soon!