Sunday, April 1, 2012

Updating the house

 It constantly amazes me how much work has to go into a brand new house.  We bought our house thinking that we wouldn't have to put much money into it.  Oh, how I was wrong, Wrong, WRONG.

Blinds, ceiling fans, garage storage, the backyard, furniture that fits, water softener system and now painting.  Not to mention the fact that we've already had to repair the AC and microwave, and desperately need a new stove.  Thankfully our water heater hasn't gone out yet!!!

Needless to say, we are slowly getting through my list of things that I want done to the house. Heck, we've been in the house 3 years now and I'm just now decorating on top of my kitchen cabinets.


This year we finally finished the backyard.  Remember that post?  The kids love it, they have had so much fun playing back there!

And then we painted the house.....what an ordeal that was!  This is what our kitchen looked like for a week or two while we decided which colors we wanted....


Aaaand this is what our bedroom wall looked like.....picking a color for all the other rooms was easy....but finding a color for our room was NOT FUN.  I still don't love the color we went with, but I never found the color I really wanted.  All the colors I tried were wrong some how.  I can't tell you  how much money I spent on samples. It got a bit ridiculous.


I think I had 12 different options on our wall, and we went with a color I didn't even get a sample for.  I don't hate it, it's just too light for such a large bedroom.  Half the time it just looks like a soft white. Ugh.  Maybe one day I will find what I want and repaint.

So when it got painted we did the closets, the doors, the baseboards and the walls.  I am hoping we never, ever have to paint again.  Every item we own got moved.  I was exhausted by the end.  Two weeks of doing nothing but moving everything we own. Oy.

This is what our house looked like.  It was a crazy two weeks.







Now that it is over I am beyond ecstatic.  I love color on the walls, and my house REALLY needed some warmth. Thankfully it is over and done with.  On to the next project..... {sigh}

No comments: