Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm a big boy now!

About two months ago Hunter decided he didn't like diapers anymore. I LOVE them....there's not much that I dread more than having to take my child in to some nasty bathroom to go potty. Ugh....the germs give me the willy's just thinking of them.

Anyway, back to the story, every time I would tell him that it was time to change his diaper or tell Madison to go potty he wanted to go potty on the real potty also. I would frequently go looking for him and he would have stripped all his clothes and diaper off and be wanting to sit on the potty. It was actually becoming a pain in the butt for me.




So, after a few weeks of this happening I decided it was time to potty train the kid. If he was that interested then I was willing to go through the torture of potty training. The hardest part is finding a period of time where we would be home for more than an hour at a time. Once I decided to become 100% anti-social for a few weeks we started the process.

Dare I say it? We have success! I have a big boy now! And oh, my goodness, a little boy in his unders is about the cutest thing ever!!!! His favorite are his Elmo, but he will wear spider man or another Sesame Street character in a pinch. However, he will let me know that they are not his first choice. I tell him to get over it and if he doesn't have accidents then he will be able to wear whatever ones he wants. I'm such a sympathetic mommy.




The unknown result of potty training is that he pretty much refuses to wear clothes anymore. This is what he looks like at home all day long. I don't even care anymore. As long as he will wear clothes without a battle when we have to go out then I'm not fighting that battle. Besides, he is just too freakin' adorable to put into words going around all day in his unders.




I'm so proud of my little guy!

No comments: