Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Madison lost her teeth.....


I keep telling her that is she doesn't brush she is going to lose them all.....How terrible is that! Actually I told her that she will lose all of them but she still better brush daily.
She was so excited, her bottom front two teeth had been loose for a few weeks and she had been doing all she could to speed up the process of losing them. She was VERY excited to get money. The Tooth Fairy was very generous and gave her $2 per tooth. Mommy was very generous and took her to the Dollar Store for toys (if I had taken her to Target she would have wanted the most expensive toy there and expected me to buy it for her. We were much safer going to the Dollar Store and picking out a few things).
She lost her first one on December 1, 2009 and her second about a week later. The fact that we got a picture for her first one was a miracle, there is no picture for the 2nd lost tooth.....
Ryan had to pull her teeth, I tried to watch but I started getting queasy (because I'm just lucky like that, there is more than one reason I am not a doctor or nurse) and so I sat in the chair in our room and watched/listened from a distance, cheering them on and occasionally offering up a helpful comment.
Her new teeth have almost completely grown in, semi-straight to boot. The dentist we go to already told us to start saving for braces....poor girl got my teeth, I had braces for 2 1/2 years, and I am grateful for every day of them. I love straight teeth. I am planning on her big girl teeth to crowd once they all start coming in, until then I am grateful for her not looking too goofy.
I can't believe how grown up she is. It just doesn't seem possible that I have a kid who is old enough to be losing teeth, or going to kindergarten, or any of those milestones that force you to realize how much time has passed.

No comments: