Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a girl....

Yes, I know that everyone I know is aware of the fact that baby #3 is a girl, but I have a few stories I want to share with it. If I had been blogging like I wanted to then these would have been published months ago.....



And, why yes, I know this is a crappy ultrasound picture. I didn't like any of the pictures we got. To be honest, we have never had a good ultrasound picture taken-you know what I mean, one where you can actually tell a baby is in there. The kind that they show you in the magazines. Yeah, that's not any of ours....but enough of my soapbox.

Before Ryan and I decided we wanted another baby Madison started getting obsessed with having a baby sister. Just as we were trying to figure out when we wanted to get pregnant, or at least try to get pregnant, Madison let us know that every night she prayed to Jesus for a baby sister.

As she told us that we looked to each other and I asked her, "Why a baby sister?" She replied that she already had a baby brother and now she wanted a sister. I asked her if another brother would be ok and she said "yes, but then that's it, no more brothers." Heck, it's not like I have any control over it.....

To be fair to Madison, though, I really believed that she would get what she wanted. Why? Because she KNEW Hunter was a boy. I was positive I was having another girl, but she told me it was a boy because she wanted a brother. She was right.

I have never been accurate on the sex of our children. I was so certain that Madison was a boy that I took a yellow outfit to the hospital and didn't wash any of the pink clothes that had tags on them just in case I had to return them. Apparently mothers intuition is yet another myth in my life.

Ryan and I are overjoyed for a few different reasons, we really did want another girl. First, I really think girls should have a sister. I had 5 and I am so grateful for each of them. There is no way they can be replaced in my life. Second, the thought of two boys in a row terrified me. I am hoping that by having Hunter surrounded by females that he won't be quite as rambunctious. Two boys in a row are WAY too rambunctious for this girl who was raised with all sisters. I will be more than happy to have a boy for my 4th, but thankfully this one is a girl.


By the way, I am aware that my delusions run deep when it comes to boys but one can hope, right? Hunter is already way more rambunctious than his sister. He is all boy-he runs everywhere (when he isn't demanding to be carried-the little monster), he throws EVERYTHING (anything and everything is a projectile missile), he has already perfected grunting and lack of communication skills (he's 2 and says 12 words but understands everything I say-at least he's not stupid), he loves wrestling, not to mention the fact that the kid ALWAY has bumps and bruises on him, usually matching bruises on each side of his forehead (see photo above, he had matching head bruises and some scrape under his nose-thankfully I had taken their Christmas pictures 2 days before). I know there is only so much I can do, but the thought of two in a row sent me into panic mode. Thank goodness for little girls.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

Go Madison for calling the baby's gender! Hunter sounds EXACTLY like Isaac. Those two could raise some trouble together. I am so sad I wasn't able to get together with you over the holidays. I hope our schedules and the weather will be easier on us the next time we are less than 200 miles apart.

CL said...

Congratulations on baby #3- and a girl. Wow, what's that? We should get together sometime now that we live back in Las Vegas. I'll tell Kiley to get on it and maybe it'll happen by Christmas!