Monday, November 24, 2008

What's for dinner?

More NYC posts are coming, I promise! I just haven't had time to sit down this last week. However, I have been wanting to post some of my favorite recipes. Please post yours too! I am always looking for yummy things to make, especially ones that are tried and true. Here are some of my favorites.

I have 2 that come on the back of the Stovetop stuffing box that our family loves, they are so good!
Easy Chicken Bake
Bruschetta Chicken Bake This one take about 5 min to put together- you don't have to make the stuffing or the chicken! I love it!

My mom sent this one to me, it was so easy and we really liked it
Pecan-Crusted Pork with Pumpkin Butter I didn't have any pecans, but I did have walnuts and they tasted great with the food.

This is our FAV recipe. It makes a huge amount so what I do is get the throwaway casserole pans and split the dish into 3's. Then I freeze 2 and when I take one out I cook on 375* for about an hour or so, until it is warm throughout. It looks really complicated, but it really doesn't take me that long to put together. One tip though-cut all the veggies up before you start browning the ground turkey. Turkey browns really fast. It's a great way to get kids to eat veggies-my picky little Madison will eat every bite.
Italian Shepherd's Pie I don't like peppers at all so I use zucchini and squash instead. I also use whatever kind of cheese I have on hand, but you have to use poultry seasoning, otherwise it is not as tasty.

Another favorite recipe of ours is Mac and Cheddar Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli. This is really good with left over ham. Anytime we get a Honeybaked Ham I make this and eat it for days.

I promised a few people I would post my Pumpkin bread and Banana Bread recipes. I have tried so many and these are my favorites
Banana Pumpkin Bread I will add some Chocolate Chips to this one, because really, doesn't chocolate make everything better?
Walnut Banana Bread

And guess what people are getting for Christmas this year?
Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar How cool is that?



No comments: