Friday, July 30, 2010

My little stinker

Hunter has hit the terrible two's full-stride. I can no longer keep up with him. The hardest part right now is that he has discovered a world of fun inside his crib by himself. I have learned that if he even THINKS he can get out of his jammies he will not fall asleep--at all--EVER (theory has been proven....I don't even want to talk about it.....)

This is now what I resort to so that he will fall asleep.

1. Tape his diaper on him.
I ran out of duct tape so now it is packaging tape. AND, I can't just go around once, he has wiggled out of that a few times, I have to circle his body at least three times.




2. Put his jammies on inside out and backwards.
For a while we just had to put them on inside out, but alas, he learned how to unzip them that way as well.


3. Safety pin them on.
For about 2 weeks I was able to just put the safety pin at the top of his jammies so the zipper couldn't slide down. Then, a few weeks ago he discovered that if he is REALLY patient he can wiggle his entire body out of the neck hole. So now I have to pull the fabric close together and safety pin it that way so that he doesn't have any extra room to wiggle.


Seriously, if he figures out how to get out of his jammies after all of this I give up....I don't know what more I can do.

Once we get him "jammied up" we have to follow his little routine to get him to lay down.

First we have to put him on the floor and say "one, two, three, up" before putting him in the bed.

Then we have to have his pillow in the EXACT right spot (we have spent upwards of 5 minutes finding the CORRECT spot, it drives me nuts).

Our final step is wrapping his "towel" (that's what he calls his favorite blanket, it actually used to be Ryan's when he was a baby) around his back and shoulders.

Then he bounces twice and lays down.





Typically if we follow all these steps he will fall asleep pretty quickly-thank goodness.

Stinker.

6 comments:

Amber Handy said...

That is really funny! I will be AMAZED if he finds a way out of his pajamas after all you have done. What a smart little boy :)

Julie said...

k that is the funniest thing ever! what a stinker :)

Elizabeth Reid said...

WOW! That is hilarious--in a "your poor mother" sort of way! I'm SURE he inherited such crazy antics from Ryan. At least, if I were you, that's where I'd put the blame. :)

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious! It also sounds like a lot of work! Hope you're enjoying your summer! :)

Aunna and Phillip said...

Just let him sleep naked and then make him do laundry every morning:) I'm gonna be a great mom one day, dontchathink?

JR and Brynn said...

Oh, I so remember the days of duct taping Haley's diaper on. I don't miss those days. :) I love how ritualistic kids are. It's so crazy!