Friday, May 7, 2010

Disney on Ice

Now that I have finally finished 2009 I can move on to some of the fun things we have done in 2010. Whoo Hoo!

Back in January we took the kids to Disney on Ice. Madison was so excited. We had taken her to Princesses on Ice a few years ago, so she knew just what to expect.

Here is a (semi) family picture. Ryan was taking the picture so he wasn't able to be in it.


We got to the Thomas & Mack Center an hour early so that Madison could meet the live princesses. We were quite confused by the advertisers definition of "Come early to meet the Princesses" that was put on the ads. This is what they actually meant by "meet the princesses":

We waited in line for about 20 min, snapping pictures along the way of the princesses dresses and such (anything to keep Madison from complaining about how long it was taking).


Once we got to the head of the line this is what we found.......

... A roped off area where one of the princesses stood and waived to the kids. I'm sorry, but this is not my definition of "meeting a princess." She was so disappointed! You can see her off to the left of the picture waiving to Cinderella.

Once the show started Hunter was enthralled. He liked it more than Madison did. She was such a stinker so I didn't get any pictures of her during the show, plus she was sitting next to me and so I couldn't get a good angle with my huge ol' tummy in the way.

He kept pointing to the show and laughing, he was captivated. It was fun for him. I still think he liked the princesses more than the Cars characters.


The light up spinny toy that the kids got provided much of the entertainment. They both loved to light the toy up when it was dark. Hunter kept his finger on the button almost the entire show, it was funny.


At the end he clapped away for the performances. He is so dang cute I can't even stand it.


Madison is cute too, but I didn't get very many pictures of her. That's what she gets for sitting next to me and being a grump.

1 comment:

Parker and Jes said...

I've been loving all the posts you've been doing. It's so fun to see what you guys have been up to!